Call for Presentation
Thank you for landing to this page and considering our conference for you to send your message that will change the way people in software development work together and deliver value to their customers. Scrum Day Bandung is where great minds come together. We are one of a few agile conference in the region that still have the idealism to keep commercials factors out of the conference so that we can reach our vision to make an impact in software development ecosystem in South East Asia. We are not profit driven, we are mission driven. Scrum Day Bandung is organised independently by a committee of Scrum professionals in Indonesia who are passionate in making a change in the software development ecosystem. We want to make sure that every speakers who will be on the platform have the freedom to speak out the brutal truths to the audience. The organiser of Scrum Day Bandung are not looking for marketers & methodologists, we are looking for change agents and thought leaders who will make an impact in software development ecosystem in South East Asia. If you think you are one of that person, please fill out the form below and send us your presentation for us to consider.
Guidelines for your presentation:
- Duration & Timing: You presentation duration will be 50 minutes long. 5 minutes will be reserved after your presentation for Q&A.
- Language of delivery: As there will be some international speakers & participants attending the event, it would be a plus if you can present it in English. But if you are Indonesian and more comfortable to present in Bahasa Indonesia don't feel obligated to present it in English.
- No sales & no marketing about your brand or your product but case study is encouraged. The organiser will ban any speaker who does not respect this rule.
- You are not allowed to use your opportunity on the stage for hiring people. The organiser will ban any speaker who does not respect this rule.
- We want to be as inclusive as possible, we see Scrum as a container for other Agile practices. When you are talking about other Agile practices, be prepared to explain to the audience how the presented Agile practice would work together with Scrum framework.
- Any Scrum terms mentioned in the presentation should the same with the terms used in Scrum Guide. We don't want to confuse the audience with different version of Scrum.
- We want high quality talks. If it's revolutionary, we would like to learn from you. People are attending the conference to hear something new. We're looking for a talk where other Agile practices to help organisations increase their Agility and bring the very best out of their people.
Your presentation will go through a rigorous process and will be assessed by a committee of Scrum professionals. Here is the schedule for the submission and announcement:
- Call for presentation: Early August 2017
- Submission closed: October 31st 2017
- Selection announcement: Mid November 2017
The selection process will take some time. We're not only looking for quality talks but we also look at you and your contribution to the Agile software development community. Please be patient to wait for the announcement email from the programme committee. We will send you an email if your talk is selected. If your talk is selected by the programme committee, you are expected to support your own travel and accommodation to and from Bandung, Indonesia. We would like stay independent hence not relying on big sponsors and keep the cost affordable for the participants. We would like to keep Scrum Day Bandung purely for learning from each other's experience.
Do you have any questions for us? Do not hesitate to contact us using the contact form. When you are ready, please fill out the form below and submit it to us.
The programme committee consists of experienced Scrum professionals with specific interests in certain Scrum knowledge areas. The members of the committee does not represent any brand or any company and does not have any vested interests. The program committee are independent, objective, neutral, unbiased and sterile from any external influences to ensure that only the highest quality talks gets selected for the conference. The committee have the full rights to reject any talks that does not meet their criteria.